Saturday, January 22, 2011

Choose My Adventure! Please?!


I will be down in Colorado Springs working a few days next week. While I will be slaving away during the day, I’d like to get out and do some exploring while I’m in that area of the state. I’ll probably be pretty limited on time in the evenings but I think I can squeeze in 2 different locations between Wednesday and Saturday. Since I can’t decide where to go (this is an awesome part of the state!), I’m putting it out for a vote. Here are my options, all within about an hour of Colorado Springs.

*Cripple Creek (1 hour, 9 min away)
-I drove through here once a long time ago. I love history and these cool little mining towns
*Royal Gorge (1 hour, 18 min away)
            -Also, came once as a kid…hardly remember it. I’m pretty sure I’d be stunned.
*Pueblo (42 minutes away)
            -I have NO idea what Pueblo would have to offer but I love to explore!
*Florissant Fossil Beds (47 minutes away)
            -I was an Environmental Science major, people!
*Manitou Springs 12 minutes away)
            -Again, NO idea what I’ll find here.
*Lake George (52 minutes away)
            -NO clue…but there’d better be a lake!
*Garden of the Gods (12 minutes away)
-Last time I was here was March in 2005ish. Beautiful. Awesome. Stunning, regardless of the season.

So, where would YOU go. What would YOU like to read about? I’m game!

1 comment:

  1. Florissant Fossil Beds is such the obvious choice, it's ridiculous. Cool fossils, petrified redwood stumps, hiking trails, etc.. But Florissant would have to be during the day. Go hit Manitou on a Friday night, have a beer, hear some live music.
    Cripple Creek? Don't gamble it all in one place. Pueblo? Really? The Delaware of Colorado? Royal Gorge? Drive two hours to see a moderately sized hole in the ground...

    ReplyDelete