Friday, September 3, 2010

Just because you USED to do it...

doesn't mean you still can.

Lesson learned! I'm all for pushing myself but attempting to crank out 15 miles in 5 hours with 30 pounds on my back was a harsh realization...I'm not in the shape I used to be in.




In hindsight I should have given myself more time. Starting at 2pm adds a new level of urgency, worrying over the sun setting before you're off trail. And the sun is setting earlier every day (boo!). I also should have started with a little less weight perhaps, even 20 lbs would have made a difference....for my shoulders, my back, my hips...all those muscles other than your legs that you forget that you NEED to carry a loaded pack.



The hike was tiring but worth it. I mean, check out these views!



I'd love to tell you that I will never do that again, but since this adventure, I have...twice. Pack and all. For I was not about to give up my pre-planned mid-week campout for a few sore muscles! No WAY!



Summer is fleeting and I'm going outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment