Wednesday, January 26, 2011

WHOOP WHOOP! Competition comes to Granby!

Constantina Tomescu of Romania. Photo Credit:Guo Dayue/Xinhua

Lookout! I may just start up with that running after all! It has been announced that this coming July, Grand County will hold it’s first HALF MARATHON! Now I no longer need to travel to get that numbered bib! In case you’re not picking up on my enthusiasm based on the excessive exclaimation points, let me just reiterate that this is big news.
  I used to run. I used to run a LOT. Marathons, half marathons, 10k, 8k, 5k…if it was organized, I’d run it. There’s something about the energy that comes with running races:
The Clif Shots
The Running Shoes
The Salt on your Skin
The Playlist
Trying to keep from wetting your pants

What’s not to love? If anyone’s interested in coming out for it, you’ve always got a place to crash. Think about it. What better way to train for your other races than by completing a half marathon at 9,000feet?? More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment