Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mid Week Camping

For several weeks in a row, my fellas and I (boyfriend and dog) have been camping out during the week. I like to think this is a perk of working on a 5000+ acre property, half of which has been designated a conservation easement. As long as I pack the morning before, a quick change of clothes is all that stands between me and sleeping under the stars.

(this is where I work. really. my office is in one of those buildings to the left)

We've found some pretty amazing sites to inhabit, all of which seem to have the "most amazing view I've ever seen." It seems every night boasts the "brightest stars" and "most coyote howling ."


Even with a bum calf, we left work on Thursday night to hike up to this beautiful spot (yet to be named) on the rocks. We had a cliffside campfire, dined on our gourmet pesto pasta, talked about the best things about the summer that has too quickly blown by, listened to the chirps, chatters and howls of the woods all around us and snuggled into "bed". Truly, an incredible night.



Of course my favorite part was when M (the guy) paused in his campfire building to tell me that while he would normally be excited to hide out watching the opening games of college football, he was surprisingly more excited to be camping out with me...score!

::SWOON::


The ONLY bad thing about weeknight camping is that it means a very early rise to hike back out...to work. Still, I'd say it was worth it, as would the fella, as would the mutt.



Have you ever noticed it is always worth it to go outside, no matter the inconvenience, no matter the weather or the company. Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment