Monday, August 23, 2010

Book Review: The Happiness Project


My friend, Gabe, has been embarking on a journey of self-discovery. He has been a reading machine and I am thankful that he and I have similar interests so I can pick his brain for recommendations. A week and a half ago, he emailed out of the blue and advised that I pick up a title called The Happiness Project.

Trusting his intuition, I ordered it online, received it last Friday and had FINISHED it by Sunday. What a GREAT book!


I've never really been one to enjoy "self help" books. They all seem too cliche and I've never been one who likes being told what I should and shouldn't do...go figure. While I wouldn't dub this book a self-helper per se, it does offer a lot of great insight into how best to look at the world through those rose-colored glasses.


I like how this author doesn't expect change from anyone in her life, except herself.

I like that she admits that she's already happy in her life, she just wonders if she can be happier.

I respect her methods of goal setting and her honesty in achieving those goals.

I really like the reality check that we are EACH RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR OWN HAPPINESS!


It's a pretty quick read but I found it to be pretty inspiring. So much so, in fact, that chapters 1 and 2 inspired me to set out on an adventure this weekend and accomplish a few goals of my own...but that's another blog.


So, find it online, in a library, from a friend but check out The Happiness Project. I think you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment